Celebrate the life of someone you love or leave your own lifesaving legacy by placing a name on the side of our new rescue boat. Each time our crew launches to save more lives – the name and spirit of you or your loved one will be right by their side.
Each donation of R2 000 will secure one name on the side of our new rescue boat. There is no limit to how many names you can place.
Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions relate to the NSRI ‘Launch A Legacy’ campaign under which names of supporter’s and/or their loved ones, including NSRI staff and volunteers will appear in an NSRI numbers and letters sign (decal) that will be affixed to the cabin of a new ORC class NSRI rescue boat.
2. Entries of Names will be accepted by the NSRI from 14 December 2020 and will continue until the sooner of either:
1. 23h59 on 31 August 2021 or
2. The date upon which the NSRI has collected a sufficient number of names (up to 10000 names) to complete the decal
3. Entries of names may be submitted online at nsri.co.za
4. The NSRI reserves the right to hold, void, suspend, cancel or amend the Launch A Legacy campaign and/or to amend any of these terms and conditions at any time and will place a notice on nsri.co.za
5. A minimum donation of R2 000 (two thousand rand) to the NSRI is required in order to submit each name. There is no limit to how many names each supporter may submit but each submission must be made in accordance with these terms and conditions.
6. All donations collected will go towards the building of the new ORC class NSRI rescue craft. Supporters will not be able to request for their donation to go towards any other project or specific station.
7. The NSRI will contact each supporter, using the contact details provided by them, to acknowledge receipt of their submitted name(s) and to thank them for their donation towards the Launch A Legacy campaign.
8. Each submission of a name must only contain a single name, for example “John Smith” or “Joan Smith”. Names may contain titles such as Captain, Dr etc. nicknames or informal versions of names may also be used, such as Freddie. The maximum number of characters per name, including spaces and punctuation, is 35 characters.
9. Supporters are responsible for checking the name before submission to ensure that it is spelt correctly, contains the correct details and is submitted as they wish the name to appear on the decal on the rescue boat. The name shall be used on the decal as submitted without correction by the NSRI. In the event of a name being submitted incorrectly please email email@example.com. The NSRI cannot guarantee that a correction will be made to the submitted name in these circumstances but will endeavour to do so.
10. All names submitted must belong to a real, identifiable, non-fictional individual and must not contain any offensive or defamatory content.
11. In order to submit a name for the Launch a Legacy campaign, all Supporters must also provide their own names. Submissions of names cannot be provided anonymously.
12. Names will appear on the decal in an order arranged solely at the discretion of the NSRI and the NSRI’s decision in respect of the design, content and position on the Rescue Boat is final.
13. A minimum of 8 000 Names and a maximum of approximately 10 000 Names is required to complete the Decal. The NSRI has allocated a rescue boat to this campaign which is due to be stationed at Hermanus. However, this may be subject to change if the required number of names has not been submitted in time to correspond with the build timetable of that rescue boat. Further details of the rescue boat shall therefore be publicised once confirmed
14. Supporters will not be invited to attend the naming ceremony of the Rescue Boat. However, videos and photographs of this event will be shared on social media.
15. The Rescue Boat is expected to have a lifetime of 40 years and the decal is expected to remain on the Rescue Boat for a minimum of 10 years. Although it is intended for the decal to remain on the Rescue Boat during this time, the decal may undergo wear and tear or damage. Whilst the NSRI expects to replace the decal in such circumstances it does not guarantee that it will do so and does not guarantee any length of time that the Rescue Boat will remain operational. The NSRI has no obligation to contact supporters in the event the Rescue Boat undergoes any repairs, refits or is removed from operational service for any reason.
16. Submission of a name which is used in the decal does not entitle that person to any rights to or title in the Rescue Boat.
17. Entry of a name will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
18. In the event of any dispute regarding the terms and conditions or any other aspect of Launch a Legacy, the decision of the NSRI shall be binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.